- By Arturo de Hoyos, 33°, G.C., Grand Archivist and Grand Historian; Foreword by Ronald A. Seale, 33°, Sovereign Grand Commander.
- The source of Albert Pike`s ritual revisions, transcribed from the original copy in the archives vault of the Supreme Council.
- This never-before-published work includes the complete collection of rituals which Albert Pike received when he joined the Scottish Rite in 1853. After receiving the degrees, Pike borrowed the manuscript rituals, and over the next two years he transcribed his own copies. He later used these texts to create his revision of the Scottish Rite rituals. This book answers the question: "What was the Scottish Rite like before Albert Pike?"
- Contents include the three Craft Degrees (from an early French source); all Scottish Rite rituals; the Adoniramite Rite; the Degrees of Knighthood; the True Masonry of Adoption (the androgynous `Adoptive Rite`); and much more.
- Includes Pike`s original drawings and Masonic ciphers.
- An introduction by Ill. Bro. de Hoyos provides insight into these rituals, and the ritual development of the Scottish Rite.
- Hardbound (10" x 6 3/4") with decorative cover which resembles Pike`s original bound manuscript; illustrated, indexed; 693 pages.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Scottish Rite Online Store
Scottish Rite Online Store: Albert Pike`s Masonic Formulas and Rituals