Monday, February 7, 2011

Now Studying For Fellowcraft Degree.

Booklets in Preparations for the Degrees and my Lodge nametag.
So much going on for The Entered Apprentice initiation, that it was hard to take all in. What I was most struck by, as a craftsman that undertook a traditional apprenticeship in pottery in Japan, is how the guild systems must have worked in Europe in pre-literate times. It is an oral tradition with much repitition. The Masonic initiation process sheds light on the old guild systems. The initiation felt to me like a cross between being knighted and entering a pre-literate guild. I suppose the appendant bodies, the Scottish and York Rites are more like knighthood initiations. But first things first. I am studying for my the test before the Fellowcraft Degree.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: