In 1901 the Lodge, with Company G of the First Minnesota National Guard, built the Armory on Plum Street. The building at the time cost $25,000. The entire third floor of the building was given over to Masonic purposes, and constituted at the time, and for more than 20 years following, one of the best equipped Lodge rooms in the State.
Early in the morning on April 13th, 1925, fire of an unknown origin broke out in the Armory, and by daylight the building was completely gutted. Of all the beautiful equipment the Lodge had, only an iron safe and the Master’s chair used in the Smith building escaped the flames.