Thursday, January 20, 2011

Becoming A Freemason

I applied  to the The Cataract Lodge #2 several months ago and have been attending lodge dinners since August 2010.    I was interviewed, if I recall correctly, in November and voted on by the lodge on Dec. 14, 2010.   At the last lodge dinner the second week of January, the Lodge Secretary said my application was approved and my Entered Apprentice initiation will be on January 25, 2011    I have been studying Freemason history since last spring and am excited about the initiation.     I happen to live almost in between two of the oldest Minnesota Lodges, Cataract #2 and Saint Paul # 3    I thought since I live in Minneapolis it would be good to join a Minneapolis lodge and also, from the photos on their webpage, it seemed like a more "casual" lodge, so maybe a better fit for me.   I received a formal letter today acknowledging acceptance and describing the dates, along with a pamphlet of some basic information I should know and share will Jean.
            The Ancient Free and Accepted Masons are the oldest fraternity.   And the more I learn about it, the more interesting it becomes.    

No comments: